Monday, April 20, 2015

The Force Awakens Exhibit at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

The Force Awakens Exhibit at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim | Anakin And His Angel

Luckily we were at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim on the first day! The wait to see the exhibit of costumes and models from The Force Awakens was about thirty minutes but I heard over the weekend that people were waiting hours to get in! The display was amazing! I was able to snap pictures of everything except for all of the concept art to coincide with the costumes. Let's take a look, shall we?


The First Order Storm Trooper | Anakin And His Angel

FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPERS

The First Order Flame Trooper | Anakin And His Angel

FIRST ORDER FLAMETROOPER

The First Order Snow Trooper | Anakin And His Angel

FIRST ORDER SNOWTROOPER

The most fascinating thing about the exhibit was discovering new names. These aren't just your average Troopers. They are the First Order Troopers. So, naturally the "good side" is being referred to as The Resistance. We've seen a lot of movies use this same concept but I'm interested in seeing how it's all going to be played out in the new Star Wars movie.

As most do, I love the new look of the Stormtrooper. I'm glad they didn't make too many modifications. During the first panel at Celebration, John Boyega (Finn), confirmed that he is indeed a Stormtrooper. This must mean that the Troopers are no longer clones. I hope that they explain this well in the new movie. When did the Troopers stop being clones? Was it after Palpatine died or before?

The Flametrooper was a huge surprise! I can't wait to see these guys in action! I love the suit and the gun. The helmet I'm not totally in love with but I do appreciate that it's different. I just can't help but wonder how they're going to see properly out of that thing!

I absolutely prefer the original Snowtrooper design over this one. I don't like the helmet and wish it wasn't so similar to the Flametrooper's.


The Force Awakens: Kylo Ren | Anakin And His Angel

KYLO REN

The Force Awakens: Kylo Ren | Anakin And His Angel

The Force Awakens: Kylo Ren | Anakin And His Angel

The Force Awakens: Kylo Ren | Anakin And His Angel

Kylo Ren, the new bad guy is a mysterious Sith to us right now. And even though I know nothing about this character, (and hope to keep it that way until the movie is released) I am absolutely intrigued by him. I love his look and what we have seen of him in the trailer. I also happen to really like his light saber. My husband pointed out that his saber looks rugged, incomplete and thrown together. It doesn't look like any other saber we've seen.


The Force Awakens: Rey | Anakin And His Angel

REY

The Force Awakens: Rey | Anakin And His Angel

Rey's (played by Daisy Ridley) outfit definitely feels like Star Wars to me and reminds me of Luke Skywalker's clothing on Tatooine and the Tusken Raider women. It was really cool to see some women at Celebration already sporting this outfit!


The Force Awakens: Finn | Anakin And His Angel

FINN

This is Finn (the first person you see in the first TFA teaser trailer). Not only is he a good guy stuck in Stormtrooper armor but the concept art that was next to this costume shows him with a light saber attached to his jacket (which reminds me of Luke's iconic yellow jacket during the coronation scene in ANH!). What a complicated guy! I don't know if it was an earlier idea they had for him or if he will actually end up being a Jedi too?


The Force Awakens: BB-8 | Anakin And His Angel

BB-8

Oh, this little guy! He's smaller than R2, his voice is higher and he rolls around like a little chubby thing. Everyone about died when he surprised us on stage at Celebration. Bob Iger (CEO of Disney) actually said they're working on a BB-8 that everyone can own and control with their iPhone (more about that here.)! Can you imagine having your own little BB-8 at home?


The Resistance X-Wing Fighter | Anakin And His Angel

THE RESISTANCE X-WING FIGHTER

The Resistance X-Wing Fighter | Anakin And His Angel

The Resistance X-Wing Fighter | Anakin And His Angel

This is the new Resistance X-Wing Fighter! Of course I love the original X-Wing but I think the new one is great and the blue stripes are a nice touch! Both scenes in the TFA trailers with the X-Wings completely take my breath away. They're going to be unbelievable!


Millennium Falcon | Anakin And His Angel

MILLENIUM FALCON

And last but not least we have the Millennium Falcon with its new rectangular dish!

"Chewie... We're home."

2 comments: