Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Thoughts on Sana Solo

My Thoughts on Sana Solo | Anakin And His Angel

*If you're a comic reader trying to avoid spoilers, skip this post.


This morning while browsing my feed on Facebook I came upon a post about one of the new Marvel Star Wars Comics. I'm not a comic reader but this one most definitely caught my eye, and not in a "Ohhh, what's this?" sort of way. My guard immediately went upon reading that Han Solo apparently had a wife named Sana. Umm, seriously? My first thought was to ask around and see if this comic is considered canon. I'm sure by now, you know the answer. Apparently this is the sixth installment of the series which is set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Sana Solo was introduced in this issue officially as Han's wife.

This is such a HUGE disappointment for me. Why do "they" have to interfere with such an iconic relationship? Why must there always be love triangles, divorces, and problems within relationships in general? The world is twisted and loves to get its hands on everything and anything to condition us to accept what they think is normal. Media has a huge impact on everyone who invests time into it and I definitely believe it has the power to influence people and their own lives and relationships, so it's such a shame to continue to see relationships constantly portrayed in this way.

There are things that should be left alone, and one of those things is definitely Han & Leia's relationship. Some of you might think that this circumstance fits Han's character. He's a scoundrel and a little rough around the edges but overall he is a good guy and we see him continue to make good choices throughout the OT. This is why I find it so hard to believe that he would pursue Leia while still being married. Granted, the issue isn't out yet so we don't know the full story. But let's be real here, if they're revealing he has a wife it seems they'd want to make the story at least a little bit juicy. Note I said "It seems". But only time will tell. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe she is an ex or that maybe she is a little crazy and doesn't want to accept a divorce they had already been through. Though it would be better than him still being married, the whole idea is still upsetting. And before you go on telling me that no one is perfect and relationships have their hiccups. I know. You're absolutely right. But not every relationship includes this sort of scenario and I think it's such a shame that the media cannot let alone a relationship that was, in many of our eyes, pure and almost perfect. They were the first official Star Wars couple and you just don't mess with that.

This news got me all kinds of crazy that I began to worry that maybe Sana sticks around for a while. Could she make an appearance in The Force Awakens? No, J.J. wouldn't do that, right? I'm sure he and Kathleen would HAVE to know how upsetting that would be to fans if Han and Leia didn't end up together. Or, what if they are together but he and Sana had a child? What if Finn is Han's son? In the words of Darth Vader, "Nooooooooooooo!". Someone tell me none of this will happen.

You know what I say? HAN & LEIA FOR LIFE! #hanandleiaforlife

No comments:

Post a Comment