Stars Wars ComLINKS: Button & Pin Collection


Welcome to the twentieth Star Wars ComLINKS! This the very first monthly link up centered around a galaxy far, far away. The purpose of this link up is to inspire fans to write/talk about various topics (which are assigned each month) pertaining to our favorite fandom. Each link up will take place on the second Wednesday of every month. You will be able to share a link to your Website, Blog, YouTube, Podcast, etc. on a special widget here on AAHA and also view other posts from fans!

The Topic for June is "Button & Pin Collection" and begins today through June 28th!

Most Star Wars fans I come across own at least a handful of buttons and pins. Now's your time to show off your collection! How do you store or display them? Do you ever wear them out? If so, how? On your collar or bag? Which one is your favorite or holds the most meaning? These are just a few prompts to help you get started. Prepare your entry and make your way back to the homepage of AAHA on June 14th and add your link to the link-up!

GUIDELINES

1) Your Website, Blog, YouTube, Podcast, etc. does NOT have to be SW related.
2) Your entry must be family-friendly.
3) Please include a link to (or mention) "Star Wars ComLINKS" in your entry and don't forget to use the hashtag #starwarscomlinks when applicable!






Stars Wars ComLINKS: Button & Pin Collection | Anakin And His Angel
(Full Size)

Everything that I collect I go about collecting in the same way - If I love it ("liking" it doesn't count), I buy it. I think buttons and pins make for fun collectible items that are much more affordable than say, Sideshow figures (though I do have one of a certain Sith Lord). My oldest of these is probably the Jedi Training Academy button from when I first saw the show at Disneyland's Tomorrowland. Although I've never worn it, I used to have it on display when I was a teenager and only recently came upon it again. It's always exciting to rediscover a collectible item that has meaning. Some of my favorites include the Queen Amidala and Hera Syndulla buttons that Jerrod Maruyama made exclusively for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. I couldn't attend and he knew how badly I wanted them so he kindly sent them to me along with extras I gave away here on the blog. This cutified version of Amidala and Hera are exactly the sort of thing my heart loves. I also treasure my Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Pin because of the memories it brings me back to.


Stars Wars ComLINKS: Button & Pin Collection | Anakin And His Angel
(Full Size)

Stars Wars ComLINKS: Button & Pin Collection | Anakin And His Angel
(Full Size)

I like to display my pins in various ways. I have two memory boards in our kitchen that stick them on but for privacy purposes, I don't have a photo to share with you today. This is where I like to feature some of my favorites and occasionally I swap them out so each one gets some love. I'm just silly, I guess. I have the pins that I'm not using in a folder with special inserts made especially for pins that I got at the World of Disney a few years ago. These are perfect if you're an organizational freak like I am. Any extra buttons I have I like to keep in a small box.


Stars Wars ComLINKS: Button & Pin Collection | Anakin And His Angel
(Full Size)

Stars Wars ComLINKS: Button & Pin Collection | Anakin And His Angel
(Full Size)

As for using and/or wearing my pins, I've recently started using them to decorate tote bags with. I love the character it adds to the bag and it makes me happy knowing I'm actually using them. They can be great conversation starters too! I've also worn them a couple times on a jacket or cardigan, which always looks good.

At some point I'd like to find a nice cork board so that I can display more of them along with the Disney buttons and pins I have. My thoughts are that if you're going to collect something, most or all of it should be out to enjoy. Am I right?

What does your collection look like? Join us and be part of this month's link up!

Special thanks to That Film Girl, Britt for editing these photos.

2 comments

  1. I love how tiny some of your buttons are! Why is it that the smaller an item is the cuter it gets? :)
    Your Disney buttons are so cool - I don't know how I missed out on those!
    This was a really fun topic! I always love getting to see other people's collections and getting fresh ideas for how to display collectables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true. Smaller things are often much cuter. :)

      I am glad you've been enjoying ComLINKS!

      Delete