First Order Stormtrooper Holopane by Wow! Stuff

First Order Stormtrooper Holopane by Wow! Stuff | Anakin And His Angel

Holopanes are officially licensed high definition life-like 3D characters with a "following face" effect invented by the award winning British toy company, Wow! Stuff. Darth Vader, Rey, Chewbacca and a First Order Stormtrooper are the first line of characters to debut just in time for The Last Jedi which hits theaters December 15th.


First Order Stormtrooper Holopane by Wow! Stuff | Anakin And His Angel

The Universal Light Box comes with one character of your choice, three different color filters, and a USB cord to use for the in and out sockets on either side of the box so that multiple light boxes can be lit up at one time. But if you'd rather use natural light or even a candle to bring the character to life, that works too! The Holopane can actually be removed from the Universal Light Box which will allow you to use different sources of light. This also lets you swap out other characters rather than purchasing another full set for the suggested retail price of £19.99 ($26.16). Individual character faces retail for about £7.99 ($10.45) each.



At first glance I was really impressed with the sculpt of my First Order Stormtrooper. I immediately took it into a dark room, switched it on and watched it come to life. Sure enough, whichever way I turned it moved with me! Needless to say, it's pretty amazing. Though I prefer the generic color I do appreciate the different color options (there are three different brightness options as well) to choose from with the various color filters that were prodived. While I love that it came with batteries as so many things don't these days, I am especially wowed by the fact that it can be plugged in with the USB that it came with leaving me with zero trips to the store so that I could enjoy my Holopane immediately upon opening! The Universal Light Box can sit on a shelf or it can even be mounted on the wall. Wherever you choose to display your Holopane it will most definitely add a lot of unique geeky flair to that particular room.

So, how can you get your hands on of these yourself? If you're a U.K. reader, Argos would be a good option. And if you're from the U.S., you can order one from the Debenhams website.

Disclaimer: This post was a collaboration with Wowstuff.co.uk. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments