Style Wars: Ethereal Empire

Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

Style Wars is an original quarterly series that is a combination of both Jenmarie and Savanna's two favorite passions - Star Wars and fashion. Together they will be styling Star Wars outfits based off of the same fashion piece. Their mission for this fashion series is to show off how different fangirls envision outfitting Star Wars clothes in their own unique way. Instead of comparing who wore it best, they want to celebrate the different ways Star Wars pieces can be worn.


Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

One of the things that I love about this Galactic Empire Kimono by Think Geek are the tiny Galactic Empire logos that are mixed in with the floral print which truly makes it a minimalistic Star Wars fashion piece. It's super feminine, lightweight and it makes layering easy for the warmer months ahead. I also love the look of a colorful kimono worn over a turtle neck which can really cheer things up during gloomier weather. So realistically this kimono can be worn year round! Oh, and I can't forget the fringe. How fun is that? Keep in mind that you do have to tie a knot or bow to create sleeves on the kimono. However, I realized it wasn't really an issue as it's not something that's very visible while wearing because of the amount of fabric there is. Overall I really love the colors, the pattern and the quality of this product and would recommend purchasing it asap if you also like it because it's actually on sale at the moment for $19.99 (normally $24.99).

Be sure to visit Savanna's blog, The Dorky Diva, to see how she styled the kimono!


Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

Style Wars: Ethereal Empire | Anakin and His Angel

WHAT I WORE

Kimono: Think Geek
T-Shirt: Victoria's Secret
Skirt: H&M
Franco Sarto Sandals: eBay
Stevie Bag: Brighton Collectibles
Choker: Hot Topic

When I found this skirt on clearance at H&M for $7 (I'm not even joking) I immediately thought of the kimono and how unexpected it would be to pair the two pieces together. I had never styled an outfit like this before and I can honestly say that I love the results! I decided to keep my top simple so as not to take away from the kimono. As for accessories, I wore a velvet navy choker and a pair of brand new Franco Sarto Gili sandals I scored for $12 on eBay. I guess I'm just all about those deals lately? I also somehow got myself away from my backpacks that I've been using and went for my favorite black tote. This is honestly something I would wear day-to-day but I can also see myself wearing it out on a date by swapping out my sandals for a pair of wedges and the bag for a clutch. Simple adjustments like these make transitioning from day to night super simple! You'll see what I'm talking about on Savanna's post.

Please let Savanna and I both know what you think of our outfits in a comment below or on Twitter and stay tuned for our next Style Wars in July! In the mean time, remember to check or blogs regularly as we will continue to provide our own style-centered posts as well.

As always, I will share "Outfit Outtakes" from time to time on my social media pages and exclusive photos on my Patreon page. Be on the look out!

No comments