Star Wars Bound: Captain Phasma

Star Wars OOTD: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

Star Wars OOTD: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

It's been two years since I last styled an outfit based off of a Star Wars character though I never actually wanted that much time to pass before doing another one. Some of you may remember me saying I was working on a Death Trooper outfit but I never stumbled upon the right pieces (though I am determined to finish it at some point). I hope this outfit inspired by Captain Phasma was worth the wait! If you're new here and missed the previous Star Wars character inspired outfits you can find them in the links below:

Bazine Netal & Hera Syndulla


What I Wore

Coated T-shirt Dress: H&M
Faux Leather Leggings: Target
Chiffon Shawl: Amazon
Velvet Choker: Amazon
Eternal Stack Ring: Brighton
Sequin Headband: Amazon
A New Day Pumps: Target
Tote: Target (similar)

Star Wars OOTD: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

Star Wars OOTD: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

When my friend Kyle invited my husband and I to the Southern California Garrison Holiday Party I knew I wanted to take this opportunity to put together a fun Star Wars outfit. I chose Captain Phasma because she is one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I think Gwendoline Christie did a fantastic job bringing her to life. Her armor is the most glamorous and she's a heck of a baddie! Phasma's armor and cape both make major statements so I kept that in mind while shopping around for the perfect items. I instantly knew that the coated t-shirt dress from H&M would be perfect because of how incredibly shiny it is. It's very comfortable and lightweight unlike your typical Trooper armor. I think this piece will be great for the holidays or other special events too! To represent Phasma's helmet, I wore a sequin headband that I found from Amazon. My swarovski crystal ring from Brighton and glittery nails added extra shine. You can never have too much shine when you're paying homage to Phasma!


Star Wars Bound: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

Star Wars Bound: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

I found it difficult to find a shawl that was black with a red stripe to represent Phasma's cape and those that I did find didn't compliment the extravagant pieces I already had. So I decided on a red velvet choker from Amazon and a stunning chiffon shawl also from Amazon. I love that the shawl is cut shorter in the front so it doesn't take away from silver shine of the t-shirt dress. It's also available in a variety of different colors if you're interested! Who knew that half of the pieces I purchased would be from Amazon? I'm still shocked myself.


Star Wars Bound: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

Star Wars Bound: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

Star Wars Bound: Captain Phasma | Anakin and His Angel
(Full Size)

Obviously I needed to add quite a bit more height considering the fact that I'm 5'2" and Gwendoline Christie is 6'3" but I didn't want to overdo it. When I re-create these Star Wars character outfits I do my best to use pieces that I would actually wear out. I found some pumps by A New Day, one of my favorite fashion brands, at Target and they are actually quite comfortable! They come in different colors and heights as well. As for the silver/grey tote, I wasn't planning on purchasing a new one but I spotted this beauty on clearance at Target for $10 so that definitely happened. I love it so much and have been using it every day since the party!

Overall, I am very pleased with this Star Wars character inspired outfit and I think I'd have to say it's my favorite one that I've done yet. What do you think of this look? Please leave a comment below and let me know! If there's a character you'd like to see me create an ensemble for, please feel free to make a suggestion!

As always, I will share "Outfit Outtakes" from time to time on my social media pages and exclusive photos on my Patreon page.

No comments