Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Chocolate, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel
(The new guidemap as of January 17th, 2000.)

Yesterday the new attraction, Rise of the Resistance, opened at the Disneyland Resort. While most fans visited Batuu to experience the ride, I went to try out the two new drinks and snack item that debuted in celebration of the event! I think I'm going to try going on the ride, but I'm just taking my time with it. I'll definitely keep you updated! Anyhow, I took notes while consuming these new flavorful treats, all of which I enjoyed, so that I could give you the best possible description of each item. Let's get started!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

The first thing I did upon arriving on Batuu is put in my mobile order for a Black Spire Hot Chocolate at Ronto Roasters. In case you hadn't heard, for a limited time there are three places at Galaxy's Edge that you can get a Passholder Exclusive Mobile Order Button. Just order your food and drinks like you always do and then be prepared to show the CM your pass when you pick up your order for a free button! Unfortunately, this is something only Disneyland Resort is taking part in.

On to the good stuff! The Black Spire Hot Chocoate is $3.79 (though my card was charged $3.47) and is topped with brown sugar, and purple whipped cream! It's quite deliciously creamy and a little extra sweet though the whipped cream is not overpowering by any means. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to order it again. It's that good! You can also find this item at Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo.


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

The next thing I tried was the Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese chips which are located at various droid drink carts. They are $6.00 a bag, and no the bag isn't completely full, but there's a decent portion inside for one person. I'd even be ok with sharing! I found these to be better than I expected. The combination of garlic, parmesan and white cheddar is so addicting that I ate it all in one sitting. They're quite crunchy and powdery so they can be a bit messy. I actually had to go use the refresher afterwards to wash my hands. I think this was my favorite new item of the day!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel
(Thanks to danoflorez for capturing this photo for me!)

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Black Spire Hot Cocoa, Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips & Toydaria Swirl Review | Anakin and His Angel

I wasn't going to try the Toydaria Swirl (Toydaria is the homeworld of the Toydarian species) but it sounded so interesting that I ended up being too curious not to! You can find this drink at the Milk Stand. It costs $8.79 (though my card was charged $9.47 which seems even more outrageous for a small cup) and consists of green milk, lime seasoning and mango jelly. This one was the most difficult for me to figure out. It tastes as interesting as it sounds but it's not bad. I actually enjoyed it and drank most of it! I could really taste the green milk and thought it was fruity but with a little kick, though not spicey. I was even surprised to catch some mango chunks in mine! I'm actually not a fan of mango but I think because it was combined with other strong flavors it didn't taste quite like mango to me. I would get this drink again but I'd have to be in the mood for it. Blue Milk is still my favorite at the Milk Stand.

Please let me know if you have any questions about these new items! And if you've tried them, which is your favorite? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments