The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 9 - My Favorite Moments

The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 9 - My Favorite Moments | Anakin and His Angel

It's finally here! The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 1 is now streaming on Disney+. I finished watching the 54 minute episode earlier this evening and I enjoyed it. It's such a great feeling to know that we have several more consecutive weeks to look forward to new Star Wars content every Friday! I must warn you, if you read any further you will find yourself in spoiler territory so tread lightly my friends. In this post I'm going to share my three favorite moments from Chapter 9 (entitled: The Marshal) starting with the highest on the list and conclude it with my overall thoughts.


CHAPTER 9
The Passenger: The Mandalorian is drawn to the Outer Rim in search of others of his kind.
Written by: Jon Favreau | Directed by: Jon Favreau

BOBA FETT!? BOBA FETT? WHERE?

I'm not the biggest Boba Fett fan there is but I've always been sort of a casual fan. When the last shot showed Mando and The Child riding away on the speeder with the beautiful twin suns of Tatooine in the background, I felt satisifed and truly happy in that moment as a Star Wars fan. But the camera continued to pan left and a figure was shown eyeing Mando. I was not entirely sure who it was until he turned around and that's when I leaped up, pointed at the screen, and shouted something. It was probably, "Boba!" but I definitely shouted. I was thrilled and instantly felt the tears well up at my happiness for Temuera Morrison who was given the extraordinary chance to return to the Star Wars Saga and play Boba Fett. I'm very excited for what's to come! I personally hope to see Boba and Mando team up in some way, but not without a head-to-head-fight first. Mando is good, but Boba could possibly win. I'm sure he's had plenty of time to work on his combat skills.


KRAYT DRAGON BATTLE

First of all, the Krayt Dragon was amazing and visually stunning to look at. Seeing theater quality material in a TV series like this is jaw-dropping and something I'm not quite used to I guess. I'm really glad that the battle went on for as long as it did. I hoped it would with the amount of time that was spent in the episode showing the characters prep for it. I'm a girl who likes some action! I really loved that the Tusken Raiders teamed up with the people of Mos Pelgo, Mando and the Marshal aka Cobb )Vanth (played by Timothy Olyphant) to defeat the beast. I thought it was really unexpected, unique, and that the outcome was very exciting. There were some epic shots!


BANTHAS!

Banthas are one of my favorite creatures in Star Wars so I was really happy to see so many of them in this chapter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the most screen time they've ever had? This isn't particularly a favorite "moment" per say, but I really just loved every scene they were in, except for whenever they were dying of course. As Jar Jar would say, "How wude!". There was, in fact, one scene that did stand out to me a little more than the rest. When the Mando, The Child and the Marshal were camping out with the Tusken Raiders, we see a glimpse of what looked like a Tusken brushing a Bantha's teeth. As odd as it may sound, it was just a really cute moment to me. Star Wars is so pecular, isn't it?


OVERALL THOUGHTS

Overall, I thought it was a great introductory chapter to the season but I didn't completely love it. I wasn't really fond of the character Marshal, and that was probably the reason why I did't like it as much as I thought I would (he was in it quite a bit). But who knows, perhaps after a second viewing I'll like it even more! Though I will say, I was a fan of his outfit. I'm sure all of the Boba Fett cosplayers are working on it! I truly appreciated all of the Prequel nods. The massiffs! The podracing engine speeder! I always love a good easter egg, whether they're hidden or out in the open. It gets me excited and helps to create that feeling that these stories are all connected. The score was fantastic, I'd watch it again just to hear those tracks. Of course, The Child was adorable as always but he was was mostly hiding from all of the dangerous or scary situations happening around him.


The Child t-shirt I'm wearing above is from the Juniors department at Target

What do you think of the episode? What were some of your favorite moments? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments