The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 15 - My Favorite Moments

The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 15 - My Favorite Moments | Anakin and His Angel

In the second to the last Chapter of The Mandalorian, we experience some of the most character development throughout this season. Although none of the scenes I'll be discussing today directly mention Mayfeld, I will say that I wasn't a fan of the character until watching Chapter 15. I actually hope that we'll see him again in Season 3 working alongside his new buddy, Din. We also learn just how much Grogu means to Din, and it's such a beautiful thing. Yet again, this was another Chapter that I watched multiple times. Rick Famuyiwa did a phenomenal job both writing and directing The Believer!


CHAPTER 15
The Believer: To move against the Empire, the Mandalorian needs the help of an old enemy.
Written by: Rick Famuyiwa & Jon Favreau | Directed by: Rick Famuyiwa

DIN DJARIN VS. THE PIRATES

Seeing Din sans Beskar armor and in a Tanktrooper/Mudtrooper armor combination of sorts was so unexpected but cool, and I think it proved that he doesn't need his Mandalorian armor to hold his own in a fight. He's just that good! I mean, I always knew that but I'm glad it was made clear for anyone who didn't think so. It was an intense scene of Pirates (I half expected Hondo Ohnaka to show up) trying to keep Din and Mayfeld from reaching the Imperial base on the planet Morak with the rhydonium on their transport. I had to continue to remind myself that the Pirates were the "good guys" in this scenario. There were explosions, Pirates getting thrown off the transport and run over, gun-throwing, and more! And it just kept going! It was choreographed so incredibly well and overall, it was so much fun!


SIESMIC CHARGE

If you were to tell me that there was going to be some sort of Attack of the Clones reference in this Chapter, I'm not sure that I would have believed you. I didn't even put two and two together after Boba released an "explosive" from the Slave I meant for the two TIE Fighters chasing him. I only knew as it happened. And in that moment when the siesmic charge finally went off, my eyes widend and I laughed out loud in complete disbelief. What a perfect "like father, like son" tribute! It's definitely one of the coolest sounds in Star Wars! TIE Fighters and Lightsabers are also on my list of "The best Star Wars sounds". That'd be a fun list to put together someday!


DIN'S MESSAGE

Moff Gideon: you have something I want. You may think you have some idea of what you are in possession of, but you do not. Soon, he will be back with me. He means more to me than you will ever know.

Say it with me, "DIN DJARIN LOVES GROGU."

Grogu means a lot to Din. We've known this for a while but we finally got to see just how much in this Chapter. Din sacrificed his way of the Mandalorian culture he grew up to know and hold so dear to try and save the most imporant individual in his life. Not only did he remove his helmet without hesitation to gain access to information that he needed to rescue Grogu, but he repeated the very words that Moff Gideon said to Din when he tried to take Grogu away from him at the end of Season 1. They were spoken with such heart and determination. He's going to fight to get his son back if it's the last thing that he does, and Moff knows it. I believe that, if necessary, we'll see Din kill Moff with his Beskar spear in Chapter 16.


What did you think of this chapter? Are you a fan of Mayfeld? What do you think will happen in the season finale? Will Grogu be rescued by the end of it? I sure hope so, otherwise I don't know how I'll get through all of 2021 (the third season debuts on Christmas Day). Let me know all of your thoughts in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments