Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland (Halloween Time)

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland (Halloween Time) | Anakin and His Angel

Considering that so many of you here are also big Disney fans, I thought I'd start up a new series called Disney Days since I'm now a Magic Key Holder! I tried a few of the new Halloween food items at Disneyland recently during a short evening trip, so I will be reviewing each of them today. Also, please be aware that I wasn't planning on writing this particular post until after I was home so, some of these photos aren't as Jenmarie-ish as you'd expect them to be.



REFRESHMENTS CORNER

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland (Halloween Time) | Anakin and His Angel

The "HAUNT" Barbecue Bacon Dog ($11.99) is available at the Refreshments Corner located at the end of Main Street on the left side. It's a foot long, all-beef, hot dog with bacon, bbq sauce, fried onions, jack and cheddar, and chives. It's quite large, and it had a good flavor with a nice crunch but, it wasn't amazing. It also wasn't that warm, and it definitely should've been. Neither my husband Jason or I felt that we would ever need to purchase it again.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.



STAGEDOOR CAFE

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland (Halloween Time) | Anakin and His Angel

If I'm going to eat a corn dog, I only ever eat them at Disneyland because they are THE BEST. Jason is a big fan of "spicy" while I can only tolerate very little spice. However, I was curious to try the Spicy Corn Dog ($8.49) from Stage Door Cafe which is right next door to The Golden Horseshoe. It's a spicy beef frank topped with drizzled cheese sauce and crushed spicy chips. It was delicious! Though, I did have to scrape off a lot of the crushed spicy chips. Jason also enjoyed it and is looking forward to trying their original corn dog next time.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.



ALIEN PIZZA PLANET

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland (Halloween Time) | Anakin and His Angel

I couldn't go home without trying one of the new treats! The Vampire Alien Macaron ($5.99) is available at the Alien Pizza Planet located next door to the Star Trader shop. The macaron is filled with blackberry buttercream and lemon curd. It was the best thing that I ate that day! The combination of flavors was delightful. If you love macarons like I do, I highly suggest trying this one out. It is a cold treat though, so don't wait too long to enjoy it after you purchase it. *I didn't notice until long after that they forgot the vampire teeth and chocolate dip on my "Vampire" Alien Macaron.

Just a heads up, things have changed inside Alien Pizza Planet. Guests would normally walk in and browse the food options like a buffet, and then check out. Now, guests are asked to walk up to the check-out stands first to place their order. You're then given a recepit to take and turn into the CM who will hand you your food from behind plastic barriers.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted

Tell me, are you excited for this new series? What new foods/drinks are you interested in trying at the parks? Are there any that you have tried that you highly recommend? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments