Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats)

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

About a couple of weeks ago, we visited Avengers Campus for the first time, and we tried out some new Halloween-themed meals and treats around the rest of the park. Avengers Campus was awesome, we only wish they had the space for a bigger land! But today, I'm here to talk to you about all of the new things we ate! Overall, I'd say we enjoyed about half of what we tried. There's been an issue with some foods not being fresh or warm at the parks lately.



GRIZZLY PEAK CHURRO CART

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

The Caramel Apple Churro ($6.75) was the best thing I ate all day, and one of my favorire Churros I've ever had! It's rolled in green apple flavored sugar and topped with a caramel drizzle. The Churro was warm (as it should be) and so soft! The green apple flavor was light but wow, did that caramel hit the spot! I really want to pick this one up again.

Magic Key Holder Discount: NOT accepted.



COZY CONE MOTEL

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

I've never tried one of the Mac & Cheese Cones! So, I made the Spicy flavor, which is new for Halloween, my first time trying it since I knew my husband Jason would like it. I did have to eat around most of the spice though! This Spicy Mac & Cheese Cone ($8.99) is topped with crushed chile-cheese puffs and served in a bread cone. Honestly, it tasted as if it was sitting out for a while, and it was a super low-grade pasta. I don't expect we'll order this or one similiar again unless we knew it would be fresh.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.



SMOKEJUMPERS GRILL

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

In case you haven't heard, the 1/2 Monte Cristo Sandwich ($10.99) is now available at the Smokejumpers Grill. The full sandwhich is $21.00 at Cafe Orleans at Disneyland. Whenever I've had this sandwich, I've had to split it with someone because it's so sweet and filling! I found the half-size very satisfactory. It's made with turkey, ham, swiss cheese, and fried in a light batter, dusted with powdered sugar, and served with berry purée. It's definitely worth trying! This was Jason's first time trying this sandwich. Can you believe it!? He liked it as well but also agreed that he could only eat so much of it.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.


Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

Jason likes spice! So he tried the Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseburger ($14.49) which is a seasonal offering. This one's a mouthful so, sit tight! This burger is made with an angus beef patty, pickled jalapeños, bacon, pepper jack cheese, beer-battered onion rings, jalapeño chips, chipotle mayo, and topped with a jalapeño popper. It's served with either waffle fries or onion rings. This was another item that tasted as if it was sitting out a while, which was dissapointing. It did have a good flavor but we only wish it had been warm! However, the jalapeño popper was AMAZING. It's a shame they don't sell them seperately!

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.



PYM'S TEST KITCHEN

Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

If you're wanting a simple meal that tastes like it was home-cooked, opt for the PB3 Superb Sandwich ($12.99). It's a warm PB&J with banana and candied bacon on pym particle bread, served with a micro banana smoothie, and crispy potato bites. The sandwich itself was exactly what you'd expect it to taste like. I couldn't help but ask myself, why am I eating a fancy PB&J at the parks? Jason definitely enjoyed it more than I did! The banana smoothie was strong in flavor, neither amazing or bad. As for the crispy potato bites, if you like tater tots and garlic, you're going to love these! They were my favorite thing about the meal.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.


Disney Days: What I Ate at Disneyland California Adventure (Avengers Campus & Halloween Treats) | Anakin and His Angel

As cool as the Quantum Pretzel ($12.99) looks, it didn't live up to the hype for either of us. It's a Bavarian-style pretzel, served with sharp cheddar cheese-beer sauce. The pretzel was soft, and it had a decent flavor but it wasn't the best pretzel I've ever had. However, the cheese sauce was the worst tasting thing I've ever had at the parks. I'm not joking. I don't even think I've ever had anything bad to eat there! If you're wanting to try it yourself, it's definitely worth splitting with someone.

Magic Key Holder Discount: Accepted.

What's your favorite thing to eat or drink at Avenger's Campus? I'd love to know! Does anything I mentioned here today look good to you? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

2 comments

  1. I'm going to Disneyland for the first time ever and I'm excited to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting! I hope you have the most amazing day!

      Delete