Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Immediate Reactions

Star Wars Bound: Cal Kestis & BD-1 | Anakin and His Angel

We finally finished Star Wars Jedi: Survivor! It’s a great, visually stunning, Sequel with several jaw-dropping moments. I’m going to share some spoiler-ish thoughts below so please don’t continue reading if you don’t want to know what happens.

If you'd like to see more from my recent Cal Kestis bound shot on Batuu by my talented friend Ali, check out this blog post.


SURVIVOR SPOILERS

There were a few times where I was honestly scared for Cal Kestis. The Dark Side tempted him more than once, but he continued to persevere through the challenges he faced. Thankfully, he also has a strong team encouraging him and cheering him on! Admittingly, I did enjoy tapping into the Dark Side but I don’t actually want that for him.

OMG! Cal & Merrin. I love them, and the way they care for and support each other. They truly make a great team! I love their conversations.

Dagan Gera was a cool-looking villain. I wanted to like him more but his presence in the game didn’t feel as menacing as I’d hoped it would. His High Republic backstory was very intriguing! I had no idea that era of Star Wars would be part of the game, and I liked it.

Bode’s betrayal was SO unexpected to me. When Cal and Bode embraced on Jedha, I had a feeling it was going to be the last time Cal would see Bode but I didn’t guess that it would be the last time in a figurative sense.

Getting to play as Cere was incredible! She was an excellent opponent for Darth Vader too (I literally shouted when Vader appeared!). We haven’t seen many individuals who have been able to hold their ground against him, so that was cool.

Greez and BD-1 were as precious as ever! Also, Turgle. Ugh. It’s not fair that we can’t be friends.

Tanalorr is a new favorite planet of mine. It’s stunning!

Overall, Jedi: Fallen Order remains my favorite of the two. What did YOU think of the game? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter. If you don’t play, I highly recommend watching the cut scenes on YouTube because this isn’t a story you want to miss, and the characters are fantastic.

No comments