Star Wars Bound: Zeb Orrelios

Last weekend, I debuted a new Star Wars Bound, Zeb Orrelios, at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. I've always loved Star Wars Rebels, and it's been incredible to witness these characters in live action in recent years. This ensemble is Zeb's New Republic Pilot Suit, which he wore at the end of The Mandalorian: Season 3 and more recently in The Mandalorian and Grogu. I love the way the blue suit looks against his purple skin. It's such a vibrant contrast! I had such a fun time styling this bound, and I already have a couple of ideas for upgrades when I wear it again. Today, I'll be sharing the pieces I used to style it, along with lots of photos. Enjoy!

WHAT I WORE
Blue Dress: Amazon
Vest: Amazon (Customized it myself)
Black Fabric Ink Marker: Michael's
Variety Sponge Pack: Michael's
Rebel Alliance Stencil (2.75"): Etsy
Purple Tights: Amazon
White Belt: Amazom (I removed the fringe)
Boots: Po-Zu (Discontinued)
Hair Buns: Amazon
Hair Clips: Amazon

For this look, I started with a blue dress as the base. I did briefly look at jumpsuits, but I wanted to feminize the suit, and I really love dresses and skirts. I thought a good way to implement some purple was with tights. I looked around at purple boots since Zeb is barefoot, but I ultimately chose my trusty Po-Zu boots because I already know they're comfortable, and I think they also tied in well with the white and black vest. The vest is the piece that I customized the most. I used a stencil and a black fabric ink marker to create the Rebel Alliance logo. I also used the pen on different-textured sponges to make the vest look weathered. I chose to write "Zeb" in Aurebesh over the top right pocket, and I sewed on a circle shape out of felt on the bottom right corner of the vest. I really like how the belt looks like what the pilots wear. This one had a bunch of fringe hanging from it, but I just cut it off to make it look more in-world. In the future, I'd love to add a chest piece to the vest with an attached hose. For my hair, I did space buns and accessorized with purple star clips, just to add another touch of purple. I think I would like to wear some crocheted Zeb ears at some point to see how that looks. My mom has helped me with Yoda ears for my Yoda bound a couple of years ago, and I love how they turned out!

Overall, I'm very happy with this new Star Wars bound, and it felt really good to see fans recognizing it throughout the day. What do you think? I hope you like it! You can get in touch with me by leaving a comment below or following me on my social media channels: Instagram, X, Threads or Bluesky.

Disclaimer: Affiliate links were used in this post meaning if you purchase something, I will receive a commission.

No comments