As part of the 50th Celebration of Star Wars, January 2027 will introduce fans from two of the largest franchises that exist in a crossover event unlike any other.
Yesterday, Star Wars and Marvel officially announced Star Wars/Marvel: Hope Assembles, a five-issue comic book limited series, written by Kevin Smith, and with art by David Marquez. The first issue will debut in January, with monthly issues until the final part of the story, which will be released in May (Star Wars Month)!
The series follows Marvel heroes as they see the events of Star Wars unfolding on Earth and before their very eyes, after a spell shatters reality. The Avengers, Spider-Man, and more will team up with heroes like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, and Chewbacca, while Doctor Doom will align himself with the likes of Darth Vader and the Galactic Empire.
-StarWars.com
I think this crossover was inevitable. I thought about the possibility a few years back when I styled my Sith Scarlet Witch bound. I’m curious to see what it will be like, especially the character interactions. While I’m not sure what I would think of a canon movie or series combining the two franchises, I think it’ll be fun witnessing some of our favorite characters interact with each other in conversation, or going head-to-head in an epic battle. The possibilities are endless!
What do you think? You can get in touch with me by leaving a comment below or following me on my social media channels: Instagram, X, Threads or Bluesky.







No comments