D23 Expo: Star Wars: Starfighter Reveals

During the Lucasfilm presentation at the Entertainment Showcase held at the D23 Expo late last month, it was revealed that Ryan Gosling's character name in Star Wars: Starfighter is Kade Auberon. I think Kade sounds very in-world. In fact, I immediately thought of Kaz, aka Kazuda Xiono, the main character in the animated series Star Wars Resistance. How cool would it be to see Kaz or one of the other pilots in this film? The two seasons in this series take place around the time of the events of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, so it's possible considering that Star Wars: Starfighter is set after The Rise of Skywalker. I love seeing the different timelines in Star Wars intertwined, and it's especially exciting when animated stories meet live action.

In Starfighter, when a cynical rogue is confronted by his mysterious past, he is hurled into a dangerous adventure across the galaxy that puts him on a crash course with destiny.

-StarWars.com

We also got a look at a new retro logo, which I love, and a special jacket that Ryan revealed on stage featuring a Jolly Roger-inspired logo made up of a pair of blasters with an upside-down Rebel logo. It's such a fascinating design, and it's used in the film! I'm fully expecting official merchandise of this, btw.

I was really excited to be gifted the first official merch featuring the new logo in the form of a pinback button, while on the show floor at the Lucasfilm pavilion. I think this is one of the many accessories that need to come with me to Star Wars Celebration LA next year.

Lastly, fans who were present at the showcase got to see an exclusive first-look of the film, which hits theaters on May 28th, 2027. I've heard from friends that the footage was amazing! I can't wait for a teaser trailer to be officially released. Watching leaked footage is not something I like to do.

Star Wars: Starfighter is directed by Shawn Levy, and also stars Flynn Gray, Matt Smith, Mia Goth, Aaron Pierre, Jamael Westman, Daniel Ings, and Amy Adams.

What do you think? You can get in touch with me by leaving a comment below or following me on my social media channels: Instagram, X, Threads or Bluesky.

No comments