Lucas Museum - Opening Night

Art is in the eye of the beholder. If it is emotional to you, then it's art... I believe it, wholeheartedly, that you get to decide what art is.

-George Lucas

Friends of George Lucas and Mellody Hobson celebrated the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art's Opening Night on September 19th, and it looked nothing short of extravagant.

The museum opens to the public on September 22nd in Los Angeles’s Exposition Park on a 13-acre campus. The 300,000-square-foot, 5-story structure will feature over thirty galleries, two state-of-the-art theaters, a retail store, a library, a café, a restaurant, event spaces, as well as landscaped gardens.

Please be advised, this post is photo-heavy!

(George Lucas & Mellody Hobson)
(George Lucas & Mellody Hobson)

Community, live music, and a drone show by Nova Sky Stories made the perfect celebration for a dream over seventeen years in the making finally coming to life. It warms my heart to see how so many came together for this special occasion, and it's truly remarkable to see so much talent in one place. These photos I'm sharing with you today are a very small part of the people who were there to support George and Mellody, and the beautiful moments captured throughout the night. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

George Lucas is one of the most inspiring people I’ve ever hoped to meet. I can’t wait to witness what he, his wife Mellody, and their team have built for us to enjoy. I was so bummed to miss the Member Preview Days because of a scheduled surgery, but I will be there soon to witness this grand achievement!

(George Lucas & Ma Yanson)
(Jon Favreau)
(Frank Marshall & Kathleen Kennedy)
(Orlando Bloom & George Lucas)
(Serena McKinney & Ludwig Göransson)
(Raquel Horsford & Ahmed Best)
(George Lucas)
(Mark Hamill)
(Briar Rose Christensen & Hayden Christensen)
(Bryce Dallas Howard & Ron Howard)
(George Lucas & Christopher Nolan)
(Laura Dern)
(George Lucas & Cynthia Erivo)
(Mellody Hobson)
I have seen George's relentless energy, his refusal to compromise, his creative pain. I mean, this museum is a director's cut. I call it a museum by the people for the people, he calls it a museum of the people's art, the key word is 'people.

-Melody Hobson
(Harrison Ford)
(Michael Govan & Katherine Ross)
(George Lucas & Mark Hamill)
(Samuel L. Jackson & LaTanya Richardson Jackson)
(Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, Guillermo del Toro, & Peter Jackson)
(Victoria Labalme & Frank Oz)
(Robert Rodriguez)
(George Lucas & Ron Howard)
(Seth Green)
(George Lucas & Harrison Ford)
(Mellody Hobson & George Lucas)

Thank you to the Lucas Museum for providing these event photos with me to share with you.

Photographers: Presley Ann, Tommaso Boddi, Phillip Faraone, Stephanie Keenan, Michael Kovac, Kevin Mazur, Emma McIntyre, Joe Scarnici, Monica Schipper, John Shearer

Which of these photos captivates you most? Are you planning to visit the Lucas Museum? You can get in touch with me by leaving a comment below or following me on my social media channels: Instagram, X, Threads or Bluesky.

No comments