Star Wars turns 50 next year, and to celebrate, a newly restored version of the ORIGINAL MOVIE will be presented in IMAX for the first time ever in select IMAX 70mm film locations beginning February 19th. If IMAX isn’t your vibe, the movie will also be playing in select theaters for a limited time. I can’t wait to experience watching this movie on the big screen! I've seen A New Hope in the theaters in 1977 for the re-release, but I've never see the original. I honestly can't even remember what it's like compared to the Special Edition, so it's truly going to be a special experience!
Star Wars: Starfighter, which hits theaters May 28th, will also be playing in select IMAX 70mm film locations, as well as standard and digital theaters everywhere. Now, I just need an official teaser trailer! I would think that we'll get one by the end of the year.
Thanks to the official Star Wars website for the news.
2027 is going to be one of the best years for Star Wars! “I can feel it.” Can you? You can get in touch with me by leaving a comment below or following me on my social media channels: Instagram, X, Threads or Bluesky.
Star Wars in IMAX 70mm
Tuesday, September 8, 2026
loading..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments