The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer


FINALLY. I am posting my thoughts on the Force Awakens Teaser Trailer which debuted last Friday. I thought the day the first trailer would be released would never come and now that we are in December we are only a year away from the movie itself. Time is flying! Part of me was super excited for the teaser and the other part was scared. I feel that Disney has made bad and questionable decisions since taking over (which is actually difficult for me to say being the huge Disney fan I am) but now that I've seen the trailer I can honestly say I have a lot more faith that it will be a good movie, especially with J. J. Abrams directing it. I think I smiled throughout the eighty-eight seconds and felt a burst of energy after it concluded. Similar to the feeling I had seeing AOTC & ROTS midnight showings. Though I have not read many, I know there have been mixed reviews but it seems that many of the fans are as excited as I am. I personally think it felt like Star Wars and for me, that is a huge relief. Of course it is going to be at least a little different since George Lucas has no part in it and everything is so much more advanced and I have been preparing myself for that. I know it didn't show much but I feel a heck of a lot better now that I've seen and heard things that could never be mistaken for anything else but Star Wars. The narration of the trailer (never in a million years would I have guessed it was Andy Serkis!) was absolute perfection. I loved the darkness and mysteriousness of his voice. The first shot seemed somewhat out of place to me but the rest of clips that were shown I really enjoyed. The stormtrooper shot was so so good and super exciting as well as the magnificence of the x-wings and millenium falcon in action! Yes, yes, YES! I am also quite intrigued by the Crossguard lightsaber (Club Jade points out that we've seen it before). I think it's unique but I'm curious to know more about it and see how it is used in battle. I'm all about unique lightsabers. Overall I think it was a good trailer which teased us with a good variety of things to be excited about and to theorize over.

With that said I read on TheForce.net that there are rumors there will be another trailer with the second Avengers movie, Age of Ultron. I, of course, was already going to be seeing that movie in the theater so I hope it's true! I remember back when Monster's Inc. was released, I had no idea what it was about but I went and saw it for the AOTC trailer and it was the best! Everything on the big screen is 100x better.

Tell me, what did you think of the trailer?

No comments