Star Wars ComLINKS: TFA Newcomer

Star Wars ComLINKS: TFA Newcomer | Anakin And His Angel





Star Wars ComLINKS: TFA Newcomer | Anakin And His Angel

While Daisy Ridley is one of my new all time favorite people and everything about Kylo Ren intrigues me, I'm actually the most excited to see Gwendoline Christie's Captain Phasma in The Force Awakens. I was drawn to the character since the very first shot I saw of her in the trailer whilst at Star Wars Celebration. I'm not going to lie, the shinyness made my eyes widen a bit as did the attention she commanded as she strutted down the hallway with her gun in hand and fashion-forward cape flowing closely behind. No one knew Phasma was female until later on but that didn't stop anyone from loving the character at first sight. When it was finally announced that Captain Phasma was female, everyone clenched their fists and lost it, including myself!

I love the fact that you can't tell Phasma is female in the armor she is wearing (except for certain promo shots where she is clearly standing like a woman would). Phasma is proof that you don't have to wear sexy attire to be cool, or to be accepted, and film-wise, to attract the attention of viewers. A strong female character is all you need for both genders of all ages to look up to, to be inspired by, and to basically go crazy about.

Star Wars ComLINKS: TFA Newcomer | Anakin And His Angel

Captain Phasma is obviously going to kick some serious butt whether that be verbally or physically or BOTH. I just know it. You can't wear shiny silver armor with a menacing cape and not be hardcore. My hope is that she will have a decent amount of screen time. However, in a recent interview by the LA Times (which is fantastic read by the way!) Gwendoline Christie states that Captain Phasma is a supporting character and that she will exert considerable force to the story. She compares herself to Boba Fett and says that her character "makes a lot of impact but that she's not at the forefront of the action all the time".

My heart dropped a little. I have often feared that she might end up like Boba Fett, the bounty hunter that we all love regardless of the fact that he really didn't do anything in the movies. But I want Phasma's story to play out differently. I want her to have a larger role than Boba Fett did. I want to see her in action, and I absolutely want to see her in the next two films!

This is the first female villain we will see in a Star Wars movie and I am honestly beyond stoked! I actually do root for the good guys, but villains like Vader, Maul, and even Cad Bane from The Clone Wars are much too incredible to ignore. I hope we'll see even more female baddies in future films!

No comments