Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Memory


Welcome to the twelfth Star Wars ComLINKS! The purpose of this link up is to inspire fans to write/talk about various topics (which are assigned each month) pertaining to our favorite fandom. Each link up will take place on the second Wednesday of every month. You will be able to share a link to your Website, Blog, YouTube, Podcast, etc. on a widget below and also view other posts from fans.

The Topic for August is "Favorite Memory" and begins today through August 24th!

Being a Star Wars fan makes for many great memories, but is there one that is a little extra special to you? Did you get to meet one of the actors from the films or acquire a rare collectible that you always wanted? Whatever it is, we all want to know why that memory is so meaningful to you!

GUIDELINES

1) Your Website, Blog, YouTube, Podcast, etc. does NOT have to be SW related.
2) Your entry must be family-friendly.
3) Please include a link to (or mention) "Star Wars ComLINKS" in your entry and don't forget to use the hashtag #starwarscomlinks when applicable!






Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Memory | Anakin and His Angel

Growing up loving Star Wars means I have a lot of great memories, but the one that is the most special to me is the day I went to stand in line with a group of friends for the Attack of the Clones midnight showing and unexpectedly met my soulmate there. I was wearing the first Jedi robe my mom ever made me and an Anakin and His Angel t-shirt I designed. At sixteen years old, I remember being super excited for my very first midnight show and thrilled to be surrounded by so many passionate people at my first Star Wars fan event!


Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Memory | Anakin and His Angel

I spotted a mysterious someone ahead of me in line in a Sith costume complete with a red light saber. I approached the man in black asking to take a photo of him for my blog. He struck a pose and we then exchanged names and email addresses and chatted for a minute. I was smitten by him in a matter of seconds and even called up my mom to tell her about this "amazing guy I just met". Apparently, he saw me first when I walked by him shortly after I arrived but I was the one who initially approached him. I might not be the most daring person, but I have my moments.


Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Memory | Anakin and His Angel

Throughout the day we continued to visit each other's groups in line to talk about Star Wars. We even got this shot above which we have continued to re-create for each Star Wars movie hereafter.

We didn't get to meet up after the movie to discuss our thoughts but about a week later, he finally emailed me. Let me tell you, that was one LONG week of wondering if he would contact me! From then on we emailed each other almost every day for about a year and a half before we met up again for another midnight showing. Through extremely long and heartfelt emails, we truly got to know one another extremely well. I feel like we had an old fashioned romance because we didn’t talk on the phone or text in the beginning, which is what you’d expect from people our age. Eventually we switched over to talking on AIM (those were the days!), and finally started texting and talking over the phone. Long story short, on July 4th, 2005 he asked me to be his girlfriend and a few years later we were announced as husband and wife on August 30th, 2008 as we walked down the aisle with the Throne Room music playing.

This is my favorite Star Wars memory because I love that God used Star Wars to bring us together. We compliment each other so unbelievably well and I feel so blessed to be married to someone who is 100% devoted to me and whom I can share my love of Star Wars with.


So, what's your favorite Star Wars memory?

6 comments

  1. *happy sigh* I always love hearing this story. It's really beautiful :)
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story! 😍
    I'd like to do the com link, but my entire Star Wars life is about half as long as your favorite memory. 😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Anyone can join in! It doesn't matter how long or how short you've been a fan :)

      Delete