Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food & New Purchases

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

Bright Suns, friends! For those of you who follow me on any of my social media accounts, you may have seen that I've been to Galaxy's Edge several times in the last month or so. Though I have shared a lot with you on those platforms I did save some stuff that I wanted to share with you here. Today I'll be talking about a few purchases I've made recently, a food and beverage review and what to expect from the fireworks show while on Batuu.


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

The Creature Stall, which is located at The Market, is the perfect place if you're looking to adopt a new friend. Somehow, I overlooked the Mynocks that were available when I went to Galaxy's Edge during the reservation period so I was sure to snatch one up as soon as I noticed them! They are $24.99 ($19.99 with the 20% off AP discount). I was surprised to find that they make several noises, flap their wings and they can stick on anything from your car window to a mirror. The Mynocks actually have suction cups for mouths and they are quite strong. Mine has been on our bathroom mirror for at least a couple of weeks now and hasn't budged!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

Jason really regretted not purchasing Luke Skywalker's lightsaber from Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities when he first saw it. Many of the legacy lightsabers have been sold out for some time now. However, I just happened to be there recently the day they re-stocked Luke's lightsaber and I was able to purchase it right before the $10 price increase. I paid $129.99 for the hilt (legacy lightsabers do not come with the blades but can be purchased separately in different sizes). The Annual Passholder discount is not accepted on lightsaber purchases.

Overall, we are both truly impressed with the design. Of course, we would have liked for there to be only one emitter but because of the size of the blade, there is no possible way that the blade can be inserted into the screen-accurate emitter. This is why a second emitter is included. I will say that it is nice to be able to have the accurate emitter for display purposes. The lightsaber is significantly lighter than the ones you can build at Savi's Workshop. Jason and I both prefer the way it feels over the lightsabers we built. I also can't forget to mention the amazing case the lightsaber comes in. It would be so awesome to have one of these for every lightsaber we own! Kyber Crystals can't be swapped out in the legacy lightsabers but I don't think any fan would care to do that with Luke's. The shade of green is perfect and the sounds of the blade are chilling!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

In case you haven't heard, Kyber Crystals are back in stock at Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities for $12.99 each ($10.39 with the 20% off AP discount). All colors, except for yellow and white, are currently available but stock changes at Galaxy's Edge quite often. I went and picked up the purple as we only needed that color and yellow to complete our set. It's a gorgeous color! The sound of the ignition is quieter than the other colors but super unique. That's right, each Kyber Crystal color has a designated sound!

Please note that you can only purchase one of each color per person. They are now located where the legacy lightsabers are sold so you do need to ask for assistance if you wish to buy any of them.


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

There are several entrées to try out at Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo. The last time I was there I ordered the Felucian Garden Spread for $12.99 ($11.04 with the 15% off AP Discount) and I honestly loved it more than what we ordered last time. The dish includes plant-based "Kefta" (they are similar to meat balls), Herb Hummus, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, and Pita bread. It was so incredibly delicious! I know it doesn't look like much but it actually left my stomach quite satisfied. I can't wait to order this again!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel(I apologize for the quality of this photo but it was the only one I had!)

One of the more recent times that both Jason and I were both on Batuu we tried the Phattro drink from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo. We both really liked it! It's made with Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla Lemonade and Desert Pear. It was very refreshing and had such a unique flavor. I especially loved it because I could actually taste all three flavors. This drink costs $5.49 ($4.67 with the 15% off AP Discount).


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Fireworks, Food and New Purchases | Anakin and His Angel

I didn't think I would be able to watch the Disneyland Forever Fireworks Show over the Millennium Falcon because where you watch them from is much closer to the fireworks than where people normally stand to watch on Main Street. However, I decided to give it a try. Once 9:30 pm hit and the first of the fireworks went off, it startled me so bad that I jumped and it instantly put my body in a panic. I grabbed my earplugs (which I somehow forgot to put in prior to the show) and fled from Batuu as quickly as I could. As I was leaving, I felt every single firework that went off in my body and it was the absolute worst. I told Jason he should stay behind to enjoy the show and get some cool shots if he could for you guys! I wasn't going to share my experience but I thought those who of you who have any kind of sensitivity to loud noises might want to know.

I hope you all enjoyed what I've recently been up to at Galaxy's Edge! Please let me know if you'd like to see more round-ups like these in the future in a comment below or on any of my social media channels. You can find links to those on the top of the page on the navigation bar.

No comments