Star Wars Bound: Luke Skywalker

Star Wars Bound: Luke Skywalker | Anakin and His Angel

Today is the 37th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, so I thought I would pay my respects to Luke Skywalker to celebrate the occasion. I've always preferred A New Hope Luke but I do very much admire the faith he had in his father, Darth Vader, in this film. In fact, the scene between him and Darth Vader on Endor is one of my favorite scenes in ROTJ. There's a lot of emotional pain as they're conversing with each other, but also a glimmer of hope as we see the words that Luke spoke affect Vader unlike what we had seen before that point. Luke knew there was good in him and he was determined to save him no matter the cost. It took an incredible amount of persistence and patience. No one was going to change his mind about facing Darth Vader again, not even his sister, Princess Leia.


Star Wars Bound: Luke Skywalker | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Bound: Luke Skywalker | Anakin and His Angel



There's a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi where we get to see Luke finishing up the construction of his new lightsaber. It's the first time we would have seen him had it been left in the film. He's dressed in all black inside a dark cave so there's this sort of eerie feeling about the scene that makes you wonder if he had gone Dark. This scene is what this look I put together is based off of. I thought a dark green lipstick would add to the mysteriousness of not knowing whether I'm on the Light Side or the Dark Side despite the fact that I have a green colored lightsaber.


WHAT I WORE:

Hooded Cowl: Crocheted by my mom (Pattern here)
Maybelline Lipstick: Amazon
Lightsaber: Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities

How do you feel about Luke Skywalker? Which movie do you like him the most in? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

A huge thank you to my friend Ryan for providing the lightsaber effect on my photos of Luke Skywalker. He's your guy if you want your lightsabers to look even cooler!

No comments