The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 10 - My Favorite Moments

The Mandalorian Season 2:  Chapter 10 - My Favorite Moments | Anakin and His Angel

Chapter 10 of The Mandalorian was an enjoyable and suspenseful ride with many new adorable scenes featuring The Child! It runs 42 minutes long, making it 12 minutes shorter than Chapter 9, but they actually felt very similar in length to me. I typically don't prefer the episodes to come to a close so as long as they're longer than the episodes in Season 1 were, I'll be happy! I did think that this chapter felt like a side-story and with it being only the second episode in the season, that just didn't sit right with me. I'll be able to better judge how pivotal certain scenes in this chapter were once the season is complete, so for now, I'm going to "Move along" with my thoughts. Like last week, I'll be sharing my favorite moments from the episode and it will contain spoilers. You have been warned!


CHAPTER 10
The Passenger: The Mandalorian must ferry a passenger with precious cargo on a risky journey.
Written by: Jon Favreau | Directed by: Peyton Reed

MANDO VS. THE SCAVENGERS

In the beginning of the episode, a few Scavengers set a trap and catch Mando by surprise on his speeder who ends up crashing. All of the cargo goes flying everywhere, as well as The Child! It was horrifying. But of course, Mando took care of each of the Scavengers one-by-one. His combat skills and techniques have stood out to me since we first met him. I can say with 100% certainty that his fighting style is one of my favorites in all of Star Wars. He does things we haven't seen before and I'm here for it. I audibly gasped when the last Scavenger standing held a knife to The Child. Why does everyone in this series want to hurt him!? Once Mando convinced the Scavenger of his "fake" trade and he let the poor baby go, The Child literally ran towards Mando wimpering. I wanted to cry and melt in my seat at the same time. Overall, I thought it was a great opening sequence!


LEAPING FROG LADY

The Frog Lady (played by Misty Rosas who also played Kuill in the first season) was such an unexpected character introduction but one that I immediately appreciated! I only wish she was listed with an actual name in the credits. She was a really interesting species with a determined and sweet personality. I knew that her eggs were not going to be safe with The Child around though. Did you see the way he eye-balled those things any chance he got? He ate quite a lot of them too! Apparently he's always got food on the brain. I loved the scene when Frog Lady began leaping as her, Mando and The Child were trying to escape the nasty spiders. I did not expect her to start moving like that and I thought she looked super cool doing it! It's funny because I haven't been the biggest fan of the way the creators of Star Wars have seemed to incorporate more life-like creatures into these stories but I was all about Frog Lady!


X-WING CHASE

The sequence where the two X-Wing Pilots, Trapper Wolf and Captain Carson Teva (played by Dave Filoni and Paul Sun-Hyung Lee), are chasing Mando aboard the Razor Crest was absolute eye-candy for me. It was thrilling and also just so visually beautiful to look at. It was really interesting to see a chase scene like this in the day and to see how Mando used the clouds to his advantage to try and lose the X-Wing Pilots. He also pulled some cool maneuvers we haven't seen before! For a moment, I had wished I was watching it on the big screen. Which, now that I mention it, I've wished that many times while going through this series. I'm constantly amazed at the visuals in The Mandalorian.

The Child Beanie I'm wearing above is from Hot Topic.

What did you think of the episode? What were some of your favorite moments? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments