The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 13 - My Favorite Moments

The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 13 - My Favorite Moments| Anakin and His Angel

Chapter 13 of The Mandalorian Season 2 was the first Chapter from this season that I watched again on the same day. I absolutey loved it, and I feel so overwhelmed by my emotions over it! There were several references and reveals that tugged at my heart strings. Before I get into sharing my favorite moments from this Chapter, I would like to remind you that there are no rules when it comes to being a Star Wars fan, or in this case, an Ahsoka Tano fan. So, remember that as you read what other people are saying about whether or not they enjoyed Rosario Dawson's performance as the character. Ahsoka is such a special character to a lot of people, and everyone's going to have a different reaction to seeing her in a live-action series, and that's ok. Please be respectful to each other. I actually thought that her portrayal of Ahsoka was good, but not "Ashley Eckstein good". She looked amazing, however I do wish that her montrals were the proper length and that they weren't wrinkled. Beyond that, I have no complaints. Ahsoka Tano is my favorite character after Darth Vader, and right now, I'm feeling really happy. I have spoken.


CHAPTER 13
The Jedi: The Mandalorian and the Child continue their journey through a dangerous galaxy.
Written by: Jon Favreau | Directed by: Dave Filoni

AHSOKA TANO'S ENTRANCE

I was seated on the couch as calm as I could be prior to watching a new Chapter of The Mandalorian. No sooner had I hit play, than Ahsoka Tano appears on the screen mid-battle and I instantly jumped right up, my heart racing, and instant sweating. I was very shocked to see her so soon but, oh-my-goodness was I ever so pleased! That opening scene on the planet Corvus was beautifully shot and so epic! I thought that the way she carried herself, combined with her combat skills, felt very true to Ahsoka. I also got super emotional when Ahsoka approached Morgan Elsbeth, after wiping out the infrantry, and her theme played softly in the background. What a perfect touch! It was really exciting hearing that same theme used multiple times throughout this episode too.


GOGRU'S HISTORY

I was fascinated by the new revelations we learned about The Child. His name, Grogu, is so chubby-sounding to me. I'm definitely a fan but I think it will take some getting used to after referring to him as "Baby Yoda" and "The Child" for so long. After Ahsoka Tano connected with Gogru through the Force, we also learned that he was once at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant! Which Jedi trained him? Imagine how adorable it would be if Jedi Master Yoda trained him at some point!? He could definitely have been one of the few! And who saved him when Order 66 was initiated? Where was he taken? Who was he with? I have so many questions and I'm going to think about these things constantly because I can't help it. I need to know all of the Star Wars things!


ASSAULT ON THE VILLAGE

You all know that I love me some action, especially when it includes lightsabers. What an exquisite sound Ahsoka's lightsabers made! It gave me all of the Galaxy's Edge legacy lightsaber feels. It was exciting to see Ahsoka and Mando teaming up together in a strategic way in the village but I do wish we got to see some side-by-side action between the both of them. Overall, it was a suspenseful action sequence with some incredible shots! Dave Filoni definitely deserves to direct more Star Wars projects. The duel between Ahsoka and Morgan was awesome, although realistically I think Ahsoka would've won much sooner than that. I suspected that Morgan's Master might be someone we knew but I didn't expect it to be Grand Admiral Thrawn! As a Star Wars fan, I get so giddy over new information like this especially when there's multiple reveals. Recently, I picked up a new Grand Admiral Thrawn figure from Downtown Disney for a friend, and I instantly questioned it. I knew it meant something because when was the last time any official merchandise of Thrawn was released?


My Ahsoka Tano face mask that I'm wearing in the photo above is by Elhoffer Design but it is no longer available to purchase.


What did you think of the episode? What did you think of Ahsoka Tano? Are you a fan of The Child's name reveal? If Grogu does end up being trained, which Jedi do you think would train him? Could it be Cal Kestis? Ezra Bridger? Or someone we don't know? I love when the Star Wars stories entertwine so I'm all for it being a Jedi we are familiar with. Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

6 comments

  1. I loved this episode I watched it three times instead of two like the other ones when they come out. Also my mother wanted to watch it again the same day and she never does that. So that is one reason I watched it 3 times also. My favorite was Ahsoka, but I am going to sound weird but I loved seeing Morai the convor and the loth cat😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! I am glad that you loved it so much. I was also very excited about Morai's appearance as well as the Loth-cat!

      Delete
  2. I had so many mixed feelings on this one! Mostly because while I am a Star Wars fan I was a very casual fan up until a year or two ago, so now I'm trying to "catch up" on all of the things I haven't watched. So I still haven't seen Clone Wars or Rebels. And so many people were excited about so much in this episode but it didn't mean anything to me :(

    However I think I really like the name Grogu. And all the info Ahsoka gave on him, and his training etc. was really interesting to me since I just finished rewatching the prequels. It seems if he was being trained by Jedi masters it's extremely probable Yoda was one of them. Which is interesting because that means Yoda knows he's out there.

    Gonna try to start Clone Wars this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally understandable, Becky! I think that after you watch TCW and Rebels, Ahsoka's appearance in The Mandalorian could be more meaningful to you. I hope you enjoy the experiences of watching them. There are some fantastic arcs in both, in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. I, too, loved the use of Ahsoka’s theme throughout the episode, and my heart sang when Yoda’s theme made a brief appearance. I thought the fighting sequences were good, but I expected Ahsoka to be a bit more athletic. I think it’s because we are so used to her flipping and spinning through the air.
    Thrawn merchandise is indeed scarce. My husband is a diehard Thrawn fan, so I’m often searching the internet for anything I can find as gifts (both official and fan-made items).
    It will take a while to get used to Grogu’s name. When my son watched the episode, he turned to me and said, “Yeah, but we can still call him Baby Yoda, right?” I’m not sure who or if he will be trained, but I got the impression that this episode occurs before the Star Wars Rebel’s epilogue. I think a lot more people might finally get around to checking out Rebels, and I’m excited for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I remember Ahsoka doing flips and other things in the episode but you might be right in saying that younger Ahsoka used those moves more often. It could just be an age thing? I'm not sure how aging works with her species. That is so cute of your son to say! I'm sure many will still be referring to him as Baby Yoda. It just works.

      Delete