Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Update - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber, Poe's Bandolier & More!

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel

There's been a lot happening over on Batuu West since last month, even R2-D2 is back roaming around and interacting with guests! There's also new merchandise available! Keep in mind that everything I'll be showcasing here today is not currently available on Batuu East (Florida), but hopefully that'll change soon. As far as Cal Kestis' legacy lightsaber goes, it passed the original Fall 2021 release date so I'm guessing it'll arrive sometime near the beginning of the year!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel


MAUL'S SHADOW LEGACY LIGHTSABER

I half expected to be purchasing the new Maul Shadow legacy lightsaber but after seeing it in person, I realized that I didn’t love it. You all know that I'm a huge fan of the legacy lightsabers but I am not going to spend my money on something that I don’t love.

Some of the cool features? You can see the red kyber crystal shining through when it’s ignited as seen in The Clone Wars Season 7. I also like that they specifically made it to attach to the OG Maul lightsaber. Please note: The new Maul Shadow legacy lightsaber does NOT attach to another of the same hilt.

Another feature that looks neat at first are the loose cords that you can see through some of the ventilated parts of the hilt. But, if you look a little closer, you’ll notice that they aren’t real cords at all but what looks like a sticker wrapped around the inside. This honestly just felt cheap to me.

The hilt is very lightweight. Part of that is because it’s not entirely made up of metal - there are some plastic pieces.

Overall, I think that the lightsaber has some unique features but, in my opinion, I think it's something that looks better from afar. Though I will say, I do know many people who purchased it and love it!

The Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber is $159.99 and is available to purchase at the Trading Post at Downtown Disney and at Dok Ondar’s on Batuu West only at this time. It was said that this piece was limited to only 1,000 pieces but Scavenger Princess believes that this was just a soft release similar to the way they handled things with the Dark Saber.


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel


POE DAMERON'S BANDOLIER

This past week, Braedon L. from the Galaxy's Edge Trading Post Facebook Group spotted the bandolier that Poe Dameron wears in The Rise of Skywalker at the Resistance Supply on Batuu West for $49.99. It's available in one adult size only and it's made of canvas and faux leather. I think it looks amazing! It's going to be a great piecing for bounding and cosplaying. Apparently this piece is already sold out but I'm sure that it will be restocked soon!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel


BATTLE DROID

On Sunday, December 11th, I happened to stroll into the Droid Depot not expecting to find anything new. However, they had just received a shipment of brand new Battle Droids for $74.99 each! It sold out in 24 hrs but it had a small re-stock recently so I'm hoping that he'll continue to be re-stocked! The Battle Droid is 23" tall, fully posable and says way more than we ever expected him to! Check out some of the phrases that we recorded in our unboxing here. It's truly one of the best purchases my husband Jason and I have ever made on Batuu!


Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Maul Shadow Legacy Lightsaber , Poe's Bandolier & More! | Anakin and His Angel


SMALL BACKPACK

If you're in need of a smaller backpack that has a lot of room for patches, there's a new one over at the Jewels of Bith for $29.99. It features the Black Spire Outpost logo and a zipper compartment on the outside.


Which item is your favorite? Do you have any questions about these items? Please let me know by leaving a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

2 comments

  1. These are serious my favorite updates! I love seeing all the new stuff, especially since I don't live close enough, but I can know to try and check online for something specific...that hopefully isn't totally jacked-up on price. If you see smaller things too (not specifically pins/keychains/hats) But things they have done like, new ship models/toys, new animals plush/figures at the shops, new droids, new star wars merch inspired by something in one of the movies/shows..those are always the coolest stuff I'm looking for and I don't see as many folks showing those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad that these updates that I do help you find the things that you're interested! I am always doing my best trying to keep my eye out for new things to collect from Batuu.

      Delete