Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures Review

Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures | Anakin and His Angel

Today, on Disney+ and Disney Junior, the new animated series Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures made its 7-episode debut and it's truly the cutest! Thanks to Disney and Lucasfilm, I had the wonderful opportunity of watching the episodes prior to their release. Without spoiling it, I'm here to share my thoughts with you today.

The photo op shown above was taken at Downtown Disney outside of the Star Wars Trading Post!


Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures | Anakin and His Angel
Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures | Anakin and His Angel

While this show is geared towards younglings and sithlings, I found it an absolute delight! The animation is colorful, expressive, and incredibly detailed. It's fascinating to see not only new elements of Star Wars that include everything from adorable creatures and droids to wondrous planets and starships but also Star Wars familiarities that you can't miss. Space slug anyone?

The show takes place during the High Republic era and centers around a handful of characters training to be Jedi Knights and their personalities are so endearing! The characters include Padawans Kai, Lys, and Nubs along with their pilot-friend Nash and droid RJ-83. Together, they grow and learn valuable lessons like helping others, staying focused, and sharing with everyone, not just their friends. Jedi Master Yoda and Zia are there to help encourage and guide them along the way!

My favorite character is the Poobian, Nubs! He is an absolute ball of joy. He is sensitive but strong, always has an appetite, and passionately communicates his thoughts and feelings. I just love everything about him! I definitely need to start a Nubs collection asap. And as I mentioned above, there's several new creatures and droids that I know fans are going to obsess over like I am.

Have you watched any of the shorts or full episodes? What did you think? Who is your favorite character? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments