The Acolyte Premiere

On Thursday, May 23rd, I had the incredible opportunity to attend the Hollywood premiere event of The Acolyte! I can't thank Lucasfilm enough for inviting me and my husband, it was surreal! We were treated to the first two episodes which will air on Disney Plus on Tuesday, June 4th. I have not been able to stop thinking about it since! You can bet I'll be watching the 2-episode premiere once again as soon as it drops.

I'm so excited to share my experience and spoiler-free thoughts with you! Please be advised that this post is photo-heavy!

As we walked down Hollywood Blvd., bounding as Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker with our lightsabers in hand, people on the streets would ask what was happening which honestly added to the excitement of the night since we were able to talk about the show with them. One person thought we were from out of town because of our outfits which gave us a giggle.

Just after I began walking the red carpet, Kathleen Kennedy joined the line and was one person ahead of me. I was losing it inside, and a little on the outside too if I'm honest. I almost asked her for a photo but chose not to as she spoke with those she attended with and continued to move forward. However, I did get a little video, which you can see in today's Instagram Reel. I also didn't know at the time that Jason got a photo in which you can see my blurry face on my phone, mouth open, freaking out about being so close to Kathleen Kennedy.

Stunning posters lined the red carpet while incredible lightsaber hilts and Amandla Stenberg's (Mae) outfit were on display for guests to marvel at.

Seeing the lightsabers up close was very exciting as they're one of my favorite aspects of Star Wars. I didn't expect them to be there so I audibly gasped walking upon them. They have minimalistic but rustic designs and look like they're ready to be sold at Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities on Batuu! I'm sure we will see some of these sold in the future.

Mae's costume is beautifully detailed. I didn't realize her costume had broken up chainmail on the sleeves until I got a better look. It was such a treat to see it in person. I think fans are going to enjoy the costumes in this show. Many of them feel familiar with an elegant touch, and it's no wonder considering that The Acolyte takes place 100 years before The Phantom Menace.

I had a wonderful time seeing many friendly faces like Lucasfilm's Matt Martin, and yes, that's Ezra Bridger himself, Eman Esfandi! I'm still in shock over meeting him. I had spotted him from my balcony seat and rushed down the stairs to meet him realizing halfway down that he was beginning to take his seat. As he finished removing his jacket to sit down I said, "Hello, I rushed over to see you. Can I hug you?". At this point, I felt I had no control over my words. I felt like a fool! I told him, "You're amazing. You're literally Ezra!". He was so kind and patient with me. We got a photo that took 3 seconds too long. You know how phones do that annoying thing where it says "hold still" if the flash isn't on? Yeah, that happened. I concluded with "Thank you. Hopefully that came out!" to which he responded with, "If it didn't come find me again!". I was so thankful. I have to print this photo out ASAP!

While seated, I also saw THE Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks) walk by, and Cameron Monaghan (Cal Kestis). We were obviously in the best company! I ended up seeing Cameron after the show and asked him for a photo but he had his phone out and told me that he had to get ahold of his friend. I think it's cool that we exchanged words!

There were complimentary lightsaber churros (which I failed to get a photo of), drinks, and popcorn available to grab before the show. The popcorn was delicious! I scarfed some down beforehand as I wanted to give my full attention to the screen as soon the show started.

So, what did I think of The Acolyte? I do not want to spoil anything for you, so please read my brief spoiler-free thoughts below!


THE ACOLYTE SPOILER-FREE THOUGHTS

I loved it (and so did Jason)! The Acolyte looks, feels, and sounds like Star Wars. No knowledge of The High Republic reading material is required to embark on this new adventure. I feel confident in saying this as I haven't read the books. I do own The Art of Star Wars: The High Republic but that's all! I believe that similar to The Mandalorian, this new series will bring in a lot of new fans, which is very exciting!

As a huge Star Wars fan, I felt right at home. It was also thrilling being surrounded by so much "new". At times I was a little overwhelmed at how quickly these aspects were delivered, but I'm excited to become more familiar with the new characters, planets, and ships! By the way, those who have wanted to see more live-action aliens and creatures will be quite satisfied.

Amandla Stenberg (Mae), Carrie-Ann Moss (Jedi Master Indara), and Lee Jung-jae (Jedi Master Sol) shined so brightly. They were my favorites so far along with a certain adorable droid named Pip.

I'm truly excited to see how the story continues. It feels very adventurous and mysterious!


Thanks to my friend Drew for editing my lightsaber photos!

How excited are you about The Acolyte? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or X.

No comments