Brand New Day takes Box Office Record from The Force Awakens

For nearly eleven years, The Force Awakens has held the title of the highest-grossing film of all time at the domestic box office. What an incredible run!

On September 16th, Spider-Man: Brand New Day beat TFA’s record of $936,662,225 with $936,773,134, putting TFA second and Avengers: Endgame third. Congrats to Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. This is quite the achievement.

I love The Force Awakens and can’t imagine Star Wars without the new characters it introduced. To this day, the teaser trailer had one of the greatest emotional impacts on me that a trailer ever has. I’ll never forget watching it among thousands of Star Wars fans at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2015. As for Brand New Day, I’ve heard amazing things, but I haven’t seen it yet. I know, I know. I’m in the middle of a Marvel rewatch, and can’t wait to experience it!

Are you a fan of either of these movies? Let me know. You can get in touch with me by leaving a comment below or following me on my social media channels: Instagram, X, Threads or Bluesky.

No comments