Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Last week I shared with you the many talented Star Wars Cosplayers that attended L.A. Comic Con which was held on October 26-28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Today I'm concluding the LACC fun by finishing off with my favorite fan creations I discovered at the event. Most of these artists were new to me and you know how I love sharing cool Star Wars finds with you. Let's dig right in!


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Whenever the R2 Builders Club is around I get excited because I know I'm going to get to see some of my favorite droids. The club is made up of an international community of people who build life-like robots from the Star Wars films and they are the best that you'll ever see! I had such a blast watching them roll around and stopping to take some selfies. If you ever come upon this group of skilled artists be sure to stop by because you don't want to miss out on the fun photo opportunities and conversations.


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

I absolutely love these simplistic but elegant Padme illustrations by Beverly Arce. I got home and immediately looked at her website to find that she did a study on Padme's costumes from all three of the Prequel films which you can view here. I would love to see her cover Padme's entire wardobe at some point! I would also suggest following her on Instagram to see what she is currently working on.


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

The art of Justin Luis Vargas was one of the first booths I looked at. I was impressed with the incredible character likeness of his artwork. The Lando and Boba Fett piece was my favorite because I felt like I hit the "pause" button on this scene from The Empire Strikes Back. I thought it was super cool that he had Prequel pieces available and even one from the first photo from the upcoming TV Show, The Mandalorian! Be sure to check out Justin's Facebook and Instagram pages to view more of his work and to get inquire on prices.


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

When I spotted this piece by Michael Matsumoto I was instantly intrigued and stopped to talk to him about the inspiration behind it. We must've talked fifteen minutes straight about his fascinating ideas concerning alternate character arcs. What if Finn had fled from Takodana like he planned to instead of going back for Rey in The Force Awakens? Or what if Luke had killed Darth Vader and the Emperor and became a Dark Side user? These are just some of the unique stories behind this piece. You can find Michael on Instagram to read more about each of these character's stories.


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

It's times like these when I wish I were brave enough to pierce my ears. Nerdy But Still Girly is the home of adorable pop culture earrings, necklaces, prints, bows and more! There's several Star Wars pieces to choose from on their website including more earrings (here & here) like these adorable Porgs. The Reylo's out there will be happy to hear there are Kylo Ren and Rey options as well! You can keep up-to-date with NBSG Instagram and Facebook.


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

The Emerald Moon booth was like stepping into a small corner on Endor. Everyone seemed to be drawn to this booth full of precious handmade Ewok masks that can either be worn or displayed with the rest of your collection. Princess Kneesa was my favorite of course. She's too adorable! To shop their collection of masks visit their Etsy Shop and be sure to follow them on Instagram!


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

I've been following Jeff Victor on Instagram for some time now. I really love his art style and his take on character evolutions. This new Princess Leia print is absolutely precious and would make a fine addition to anyone's collection of Star Was prints. Can we also talk about how chubby little Wicket is? ADORABLE! He has several other Star Wars prints which you can browse and shop here. Don't forget to also follow him on Facebook!


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

There aren't too many things cuter than baby versions of our favorite pop culture characters am I right? Will Terry is an expert at illustrating these adorable little nuggets. He can even make Darth Maul look cute! You can shop all of his Star Wars prints here. You might also want to follow him on Instagram to stay up to date on his latest work!


Star Wars Fan Creations at L.A. Comic Con 2018 | Anakin and His Angel

This gorgeous Lady & The Tramp and Star Wars mash-up caught my eye instantly! Brett Bennett is a talented artist who creates mash-ups of iconic film and video game characters and settings that you would never have imagined seeing combined. This one in particular was featured in LA Weekly! You can find more like this on his website and while you're at it, be sure to follow him on Instagram.


LACC will be back on October 11-13, 2019!

Tell me, which of these pieces stood out to you the most? Let me know in a comment below or hit me up on Twitter or Instagram.

Special thanks to: L.A. Comic Con for allowing me to cover the event by offering me a press pass.

No comments