The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 12 - My Favorite Moments

The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 12 - My Favorite Moments | Anakin and His Angel

Chapter 12 of The Mandalorian Season 2 felt a little weak to me as far as some of the acting and dialogue went. I think that this can tend to happen when you have multiple different directors on the same project. Each director is going to have a different set of strengths and weaknesses. I've noticed this happen before which has resulted in situations like characters not feeling consistent. Other than that, I did actually enjoy it. The action was exciting, there were some very interesting reveals, and my favorite - TIES!


CHAPTER 12
The Siege: The Mandalorian rejoins old allies for a new mission.
Written by: Jon Favreau | Directed by: Carl Weathers

THE CHILD GOES TO SCHOOL

After Mando meets up with Greef Karga and Cara Dune on Nevarro, he leaves The Child at "school". The little guy can barely see over the desk to watch the Protocol Droid instruct the class. I didn't think he could look any smaller but oh-my-gosh, the cuteness! Of course, he notices a student seated next to him with a snack and after The Child realizes he isn't going to share, he uses the Force (for the first time in this season) to bring the snack towards him! He seems to have way more of an apetite in this season than the last and I wonder if it's because he's growing? Or maybe he just really likes food? I'm fine with that. Even at the end of the episode when Mando returns for him, The Child is still working on the same snack!


THE CHILD'S BLOOD!?

Mando, Greef, Cara and Mythrol (why couldn't he just stay in carbonite?) do what needs to be done to get rid of the last Imperial Base on Nevarro. Before they escape the explosion that's forthcoming, they run into several test subjects inside bacta tanks (was one of them Snoke?). After pulling up a recording from Dr. Pershing, they realize that The Child's blood had been used to try and resuscitate them but that their bodies rejected the blood transfusion. The Dr. adds that he doubts they'll be able to find another individual with a higher midichlorian count. WHAT!? First of all, how dare they! Secondly, is this how Palpatine returns? I never finished The Rise of Skywalker novel (I know, I know), but this is going to connect to something big even if it isn't Palpy. I just know it.


TIE CHASE

I love a good chase sequence, especially when it involves TIE Fighters! Seeing them all take off from the Imperial Base that was being obliterated was so epic. Those sounds! I also loved when Mando arrived in the now repaired Razor Crest to save the day. Beautiful! I have to say, there was a lot of eye-candy in this Chapter for Star Wars fans. Am I right?

The Dark Saber was gifted to me by my friend Michael from the Rexin Around show. It's so awesome! I'm going to protect Hasbro with it.

What did you think of the episode? What do you think they're wanting to use The Child's blood for exactly? Were you surprised by the last scene? Let me know in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments