The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 14 - My Favorite Moments

The Mandalorian Season 2: Chapter 14 - My Favorite Moments | Anakin and His Angel

This is the second Chapter in The Mandalorian Season 2 that I've re-watched on the same day (the other was Chapter 13, for obvious reasons). I was on the edge of my seat during the majority of Chapter 14 completely losing my mind! My heart didn't stop racing until the end and by then, I was both ecstatic and heartbroken. I went from hugging my husband Jason over what happened to Grogu to exclaiming, "Boba Fett deserved to be a bada**!". Without further ado, let's get into my favorite moments.


CHAPTER 14
The Tragedy: The Mandalorian and Child travel to an ancient site.
Written by: Jon Favreau | Directed by: Robert Rodriguez

GROGU & THE SEEING STONE

I've been much, much happier during this season with how the story has progressed. I wanted to see Mando and Grogu arrive at the Jedi Temple on Tython in this episode and that's exactly what happened! I was shocked but excited! Grogu sat on the seeing stone and he seemed to know exactly what to do. Did he see anything during his connection through the Force? Ahsoka Tano said that he would be able to choose his path and make himself known to any Jedi who would be able to help him. Did he come into contact with someone? If so, I would imagine that they would sense that Grogu is now in danger. Could that particular Jedi also make an appearance when Mando, Boba, Fennec and the rest of the team go to rescue him? Did Grogu have any visions? I'm so curious. As much as I want to find out more in the next Chapter, I'm also dreading this season ending. There are only two more Chapters left! Overall, I love the way this scene was executed. The Force ray shields were such a nice touch!

P.S. Who else noticed the blue butterflies and had...thoughts? BEN SOLO!?


BOBA FETT GETS HIS ARMOR BACK

I've always been a casual Boba Fett fan but now I basically love him. My hope was that we would see him again in this season after his surprise appearance in Chapter 9, but I never thought we would experience something quite like that! I was eating while watching this Chapter and when the Slave 1 suddenly appeared on screeen, I had a mouth-full and pointed agressively at the TV with a knife in disbelief. What a shot! There were honestly so many drool-worthy shots in this Chapter. Everything about Boba Fett from the way he carried himself to his husky voice was so fitting. Temuera Morrison could not have done a better job at portraying this iconic character. Oh, and don't even get me started on his theme! HIS THEME!

Oh, right. I'm supposed to be discussing my favorite moments. Whoops! I absolutely loved when Boba takes back his armor from The Razor Crest and shows up like the beast he is to get Mando and Fennec out of the sticky situation they were in with a bunch of Stormtroopers. It was literally everything that I wanted Boba Fett to be, and yet, he still surprised me. I didn't ever think of him to be as man of his word. He's an honorable Bounty Hunter, that's for sure. I mentioned before that I hoped that Boba and Mando would work together so I'm absolutely thrilled to see what that will look like. I'm ready for even more action!


GROGU & THE STORMTROOPERS

Honestly, I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to talk about what happened to Grogu, and I pray that things don't get worse for him before they get better. It's so traumatizing! But what I will acknowledge is the part in his cell on Moff Gideon's ship. Grogu was not having it with the Stormtroopers and was tossing them around with the Force as if they were dry leaves, and he was so adorable doing it! I wonder just how powerful he is? What is his midichlorian count? Anyhow, that entire scene just upset me a lot and I'm VERY worried for him.


The Darksaber I'm weilding above was gifted to me by my friend Michael from Rexin Around. You can purchase it here.


What did you think of this Chapter? Were you a Boba Fett Fan before watching? If not, are you now? How are you dealing with the tragedy of Grogu and the destruction of the Razor Crest? Are you ok? Also, how sick were those Dark Troopers? Let me know all of your thoughts in a comment below or get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments